Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Complex headers and footers

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 12:31:52PM +0100, Martin Perina wrote:
> On Pa, 2002-11-08 at 11:12, Wilfred Springer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to have multiple compartments in my headers and footers,
> > like having a left-aligned pagenumber and a right-aligned document
> > title. Somehow I'm unable to get it done using FO and FOP.
> >
> > It basically boils down to this question:
> >
> > How can you have two compartments in one block, with the first one being
> > left-aligned, and the other one being right-aligned?
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> Donwload more current stylesheets version (> 1.54) and look
> at header.table and footer.table in fo/pagestup.xsl, it currently
> uses three compartments (left-aligned, centered and right-aligned).

And to make it even easier, there are now two stylesheet
templates that let you define the content for each of the
cells in the headers and footers without having to modify
the fo:tables.  The templates named 'header.content' and
'footer.content' in fo/pagesetup.xsl control the content.
You can copy them to your customization layer and make any
modifications you need.  You can put whatever logic you
like in there for different page classes.  For further
explanation, see the doc I wrote at:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/PrintCustomEx.html#PrintHeaders

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com