Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Inclusion of random section in the TOC

I've been able to achieve this effect by adding roles to the sections that I
want to hide in the TOC.  I simply mark each section that I want to hide
with role="noshowtoc"

The following template in your XSL customization layer will do the trick:

<xsl:template match="*[@role='noshowtoc']" mode="toc" priority="2"/>

(The 'priority="2"' simply makes sure this template takes precedence over
all other templates, even though the lack of an element name gives this a
fairly low specificity rating.)

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Ionita [mailto:silviu.ionita@probass.ro]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 9:27 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

It is possible to specify with an attribute (or something else) of the
<section> element if that section is or isn't included in the TOC?

I don't want an entire level to be included or not in the TOC (with a
global parameter that specify the depth TOC of sections
'toc.section.depth')

For example I have the next structure:
	Chapter 1
		Section 1.1
			 Section 1.1.1
		Section 1.2
			Section 1.2.1
	Chapter 2
		Section 2.1
			Section 2.1.1
		Section 2.2
		Section 2.3
			Section 2.3.1
				Section 2.3.1.1
				Section 2.3.1.2
				Section 2.3.1.3
			Section 2.3.2

And I want that my TOC to look in this way:
	Chapter 1
		Section 1.1
		Section 1.2
			Section 1.2.1
	Chapter 2
		Section 2.1
		Section 2.2
		Section 2.3
			Section 2.3.1
				Section 2.3.1.1
				Section 2.3.1.2
			Section 2.3.2

I omitted the following sections:
- Section 1.1.1
- Section 2.1.1
	- Section 2.3.1.3

It's possible to make this without manual creation of TOC?

Note: I use 'sgmltools' to parse the sources.