Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: xmllint bug?

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 14:46, Bob Stayton wrote:
> In answering a previous question about where to
> put the email tag in a bookinfo element, I decided
> to test my answer.  xmllint says it is invalid.
> It looks valid to me, and nsgmls thinks it is valid too.
>
> Here is the shortened sample that should validate with
> the DocBook XML 4.2 DTD:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
>                "../docbook42/docbookx.dtd">
> <book>
> <bookinfo>
> <title> .. </title>
> <author>
>    <firstname> .. </firstname>
>    <surname> .. </surname>
>    <email> .. </email>
> </author>
> </bookinfo>
>
> </book>
>
> Here is what xmllint (version 20423) says:
>
> $ xmllint --noout --valid invalid.xml
> invalid.xml:11: validity error: Element author content doesn't follow the DTD
> Expecting ((personname | honorific | firstname | surname | lineage | othername |
>  affiliation | authorblurb | contrib+) , (personblurb | email | address)*), got
> (firstname surname email )
> </author>
>         ^

Hmmm. You're the second person to report this. Greg Leblanc was having
the same problem with the <email> in the <author> element with 4.2 and
we could never figure out why. I couldn't duplicate his error message
then, and can't duplicate yours with libxml2 version 2.4.26 now. Do you
still see it if you upgrade?

Cheers,
John
--