Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: comments on "Using the DocBook XSL Stylesheets"

At 14:33 14/12/2002 -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:

>My doc covers both file path references and catalog references.
>For those just getting started, it is simpler to point to a
>real file on their local system.  After they get that working,
>I have a whole chapter on XML catalogs.

Having been there and suffered Bob, perhaps a mention of the symptoms of
the processor going to the web (succeeding or failing), and how/where it
can be fixed?
   It shouldn't take long to persuade readers that a catalog is a good idea :-)
I found it infuriating at first, especially when, having done it and got it all
working, Norm produces a new version and I have to do it all again!

For a full XML docbook, how many places need changing to get it
to work?  And the assumption then is that its installed such that
relative pathnames work.
    ~All points I've tripped over in the past.
    (which is another reason I'm happy to see your work :-)
Regards DaveP.