Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: comments on "Using the DocBook XSL Stylesheets"

Long before this whole to thread drifted off-topic, Adam DiCarlo noted:

I find the file paths your citing rather odd and probably not very
exemplary.  For instance, in bottom of ch 5, you cite the XSL
stylesheet at the location /usr/lib/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl which
doens't conform to FHS filesystem standards.  Ideally the file
locations should comply with the LSB/XML standard, although I can no
longer find that standard (!! maybe it's dead?).
<<<<<

The Filesystem Hierarchy Standard isn't dead, nor is it actually a part of
the LSB (the LSB references the FHS, but the FHS is also applicable to
UNIX). It does, however, seem to have frequent server problems. When
they're back up again, you should be able to find version 2.2 of the
standard at http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/

Meanwhile, there is a slightly less usable, text copy at
http://www.dnatrance.com/linux/filesystem-hierarchy-standard/

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.