Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: wannabe website user w/Mac needs Make help

I downloaded website and sort of have some things working, but as I
looked through the example directories xml files I saw that it
contained instructions on how to build a make file.  I tried to follow
these instruction as best I could, but I'm having a few small
problems, which I'm sure are do to my ignorance of Makefiles.

I am using xsltproc installed with fink on a Mac OS X machine; Apple
provides gnumake with their tools -- GNU Make version 3.79, by Richard
Stallman and Roland McGrath.  Built for powerpc-apple-darwin6.0 --
though not the full gnumake manual.

Xsltproc works well enough, but
building the example is more complicated, and I don't quite seem to
know my makefiles well enough to make all the changes. The command
line "[broomstick:/Volumes/ZIP-100/website-2.3] josh% xsltproc
--stringparam autolayout-file ../xsl/autolayout.xsl xsl/website.xsl
tests/test.xml" was good enough to process the basic test file. This
sends the output to STDOUT; I need to capture the right file names
with the '-o filename.html' option.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com