Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Stylesheet Chain (MathML,Profiling,Chunking,HTML)

Hi,

I am in the process of converting the XFree86 documentation from Linuxdoc (SGML) to DocBook (XML).

One of the documents requires the following:
MathML (markup of equations) (irrelevant for this problem)
Profiling (different text for "Full Releases" vs. "Update Releases")
Chunking
Customization (some stylistic changes and parameter settings)
XInclude processing (irrelevant for this problem)

Currently, I use MathML as the FPI for the <book> element of the master document and the <chapter>
element of this document (which is <xi:include>ed into the master document).

I point xsltproc to my param.xsl to get my customizations.
I import "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/profile-docbook.xsl"; inside of my
customization file.
I set '--stringparam profile.condition "FullRel"' as an argument to xsltproc.

This gets me everything I need except "chunking".

Where do I insert "chunking" to do this in one-pass? Or do I have to "profile" in one pass and then
feed the output to a second pass for chunking, translation to HTML, etc.?

Thanks.

John

PS: Last year at this time, Bob Stayton orgainized a "Community Thank You for Norm Walsh"
(well-deserved, I may add).  I would like to give a public "Thank You" to Bob Stayton who puts so
much effort into improving the xsl stylesheets, answering questions on the list, and has given me
so much valuable advice via "www.sagehill.net".  Thanks to Bob, Norm and the rest of the gang.
Well done! Much appreciated!

John