Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: file path peculiarity with xinclude

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:40:52PM -0000, Lisa Carey wrote:
> Now this *is* peculiar.  I tried altering my entities file as you suggest -
> declaring the entities relative to the location of the entities file, which
> actually makes much more sense, and is much more useful for reusing the
> entities file! Them I ran xmllint --debug on an individual document, and
> everything worked fine.  The resolved URI's in the output were the actual
> locations of the files.  However, I tried transforming the doc with Xalan -
> my usual tool - and it appeared to be looking for the files relative to the
> including document, not the entities file (ie the way I had specified it
> originally, because it worked with Xalan).  It's really very odd.  Has
> anyone else had relative URI weirdosity with Xalan/Xerces?  I have Xalan
> version 2.4.1.

I tried this with Xalan 2.4.1 and it worked as expected.
Are you running Java 1.4?  If so, you may not actually be
getting Xalan 2.4.1.  You may be getting the old Xalan
that is bundled with Java 1.4.  See the section "Bypassing
the old Xalan installed with Java" in
http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/ToolsSetup.html#d0e1186

> I could switch to using xsltproc for my transformations, except it throws
> the following error if I use it with documents that have mediaobjects in
> them:
>
> Error /usr/src/package/libxml2-2.4.17/xpath.c:8247: Undefined namespace
> prefix
> xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed

That's an old version of xsltproc.  Upgrade to a newer
version and the error will disappear.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com