Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: mixing section elements

Hi all,

After my last question about a chunking problem I had I got the useful
suggestion to use <simplesect> for sections I didn't want to chunk
(thanks Jannig!). I wrote it with vim, tried it on my machine, worked
fine; stylesheets seem to accept it ok. But then I passed the file to
the author that will work on the document. She's using (evaluating for
the moment) Arbortext's Epic editor to edit the document, and it
complained that <simplesect> was out of context when it's parent node
also had <sect1> or <section> elements, eg like this:

<chapter>
   <title>Example title</title>
   <sect1><para>Test para</para></sect1>
</chapter>

I also couldn't add a <simplesect> element as a sibling to a <sect1>,
<sect2> or <section> element through Epic's GUI.
I looked through the documentation (tdg) and looked at the content model
of chapter, and although I'm not an expert at reading dtd's, it looks
like my example should be valid. Now, the dtd that Epic uses is that for
DocBook 4.0; has this changed in the mean time? Did I read the content
model wrong? Any hints? Thanks!

cheers,

roel