Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XInclude, XSLTProc, and entityref

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:57:44AM -0500, Jeff Beal wrote:
> I'm trying to use XSLTProc to "flatten" a file using XInclude, then pass
> this file through Saxon to create my online help.  I first used just the
> xmllint parser to parse the file, and noticed that none of the graphic
> entities were declared, so I decided to write an XSLT stylesheet to convert
> all entityrefs to filerefs.  This stylesheet works perfectly on the
> XIncluded files themselves, but it fails to resolve the entityrefs on the
> same files when they are XIncluded into a larger document.  I end up with a
> bunch of fileref="" in my resulting XML file.  The weird thing is that all
> entityrefs resolve normally when using the DocBook stylesheets.
>
> My template in question is:
>   <xsl:template match="@entityref">
>     <xsl:attribute name="fileref">
>       <xsl:value-of select="unparsed-entity-uri(.)"/>
>     </xsl:attribute>
>   </xsl:template>
>
> Can anybody see what it is that I'm doing wrong?

  Hum, I smell some kind of bug/problem where the entity definitions from the
XIncluded files are not available in the resulting document being transformed.
As a result unparsed-entity-uri() which look for those in the document DTD
ends up generating an empty strings.
  Can you bugzilla this with a minimal test case, instructions at
    http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html

  thanks,

Daniel