Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: global font color change in fo output

That's a good idea.  Could that make it into the next release?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@caldera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 1:30 PM
To: Etienne Botha
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:57:55AM +0000, Etienne Botha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create PDF with all the font colors set
> to a non-black default value.
>
> At the moment, I cannot find a short way of
> customizing all fo:block and other fo output in a
> single place.
>
> Is this possible?

Yes, if you set properties in the <fo:root> element,
they apply to the whole document.  You would have
to modify the template in fo/docbook.xsl that starts
with:

<xsl:template match="/">

and change:

  <fo:root font-family="{$body.font.family}"
           font-size="{$body.font.size}"
           color="blue"                  <!-- new property -->
           text-align="{$alignment}"
           line-height="{$line-height}">

There really should be an attribute set that could
be used in fo:root to set global properties like
this without having to customize this important
and big template.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com