Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: XInclude problems

Ah, I misinterpreted the part of the "Using Docbook XSL Stylesheets" guide that discusses nested XIncludes.

How would I go about if i wanted a completely modular set of xml-files. I would like to be able to for instance have a generic chapter called "Introduction" which I can use in many guides. Since sections inside the chapter may differ greatly between guides, it would be difficult to use XIncludes inside the introduction file.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way?

Thanks for your help.

/Kenneth

Your example file has nested <xi:include> elements.
You can't do that.  The only thing that can go inside
an <xi:include> element is an <xi:fallback> element.
If you aren't using fallback, then all your <xi:include>
elements should be empty.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com