Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: TOC numbering and footnotes

At 14:07 07.02.2003 -0600, Corey Arnold wrote:
>Hi,
>When using FOP to convert to PDF chapters are not given a page number in
>my TOC.  The sections of a chapter are numbered, but the chapter page
>number is blank.  What could my problem be?

I think that can be solved the same way correcting bookmarks, see for example
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200302/msg00064.html

>  Also, footnotes do not appear as superscripts, but as regular inline
> numbers.

This is implemented by baseline-shift, which is AFAIK not yet supported by FOP.
You can use vertical-align="super" instead by adding the following to your
customization
layer:

<xsl:template name="format.footnote.mark">
   <xsl:param name="mark" select="'?'"/>
   <fo:inline vertical-align="super" font-size="70%">
     <xsl:copy-of select="$mark"/>
   </fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

>And finally, if I use Saxon to go from XML->FO and then FOP to go from
>FO->PDF, images in my document do not translate.  However, using FOP to go
>from XML->PDF results in proper image translation, but I need to turn on
>section numbering and do not know how to do so with FOP.  I am using
>Xerces2 Java Parser 2.3.0, Docbook XSL 1.60.1

You do not turn on section numbering by FOP, this has to be defined
in your stylesheet:

<xsl:param name="section.autolabel" select="1"/>

Are you using the same stylesheet for both processes?

Greetings,

Marko