Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: gentext customization: remove "Abstract" and"Table of Contents" in HTML

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:18:45PM -0500, ed nixon wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Thanks for your mail. Unfortunately, this customization seems to open up
> a can of worms. Processing my sdocbook file via the xhtml stylesheets
> using Instant Saxon, there are the comparative results: no customization
> versus customized
>
> Before:
>
> After:
> successfully completed...</p>
> integrate...</p>

This is very strange.  How would your HTML output include a
reference to the fo namespace?  Does your HTML customization
include any references to that namespace?

But other than the namespace
attributes, the output is correct, right?
There are no empty <p><b> for the missing
abstract title.

> Here is the result when I run the file against the same customized file
> using the html rather than the xhtml stylesheets:
>
> I'm afraid I can't even begin to understand what's going on here. If you
> think it may be my configuration, I will try anything you suggest.

Look for xslns:fo in your customization.
Are you using a catalog file?  Perhaps it is pulling in
the wrong stuff?

> In general, I wonder if a more reasonable approach to this wouldn't be
> gentext title string isare set to null?
> Is the same thing done with other gentext items?
> What are the implications for making this a generalized feature, I wonder?

I'll leave that one for Norm.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com