Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Breaking a document into smaller pieces

Joachim Ziegler wrote:
> a) using entities as described in "The Definite Guide":
>
> <!ENTITY chap1 SYSTEM "chap1.sgm">
> <!ENTITY chap2 SYSTEM "chap2.sgm">
> ]>
> &chap1;
> &chap2;
> </book>

<snip/>

> I'm using Emacs with psgml. Using method a) does not allow me to
> associate any DTD to my chunk, so psgml is worthless, right?

Wrong :-)

At the end of each subdocument, you put a comment similar to

   <!--
     Local Variables:
     mode: xml
     sgml-parent-document: ("master-file.xml")
     End:
   -->

Substitute the name of your file containing the DOCTYPE for
"master-file.xml".

The next time you load the subdocument PSGML knows where to find the
reference to the DTD and everything is great again.

God, I enjoy working with Emacs & PSGML :-)

HTH!

Best regards,

	Rune Lausen