Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Breaking a document into smaller pieces

Joachim Ziegler wrote:

> Sorry, but it doesn't work. I get the following error message in Emacs'
> minibuffer:
>
> File mode specification error: (void function char-table-parent)

This is strange! According to the help in my Emacs, this is a built-in
function. Which version of Emacs and PSGML are you using? I'm using
Emacs 21.2.1 (Windows version) and PSGML 1.2.5.

> As you proposed, I've done the following in my chapter1.xml:
>
> <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
> Local variables:
> mode: xml
> sgml-omittag:t
> sgml-shorttag:t
> sgml-namecase-general:t
> sgml-general-insert-case:lower
> sgml-minimize-attributes:nil
> sgml-always-quote-attributes:t
> sgml-indent-step:2
> sgml-indent-data:nil
> sgml-parent-document:("LEDATutorium.xml")
> sgml-exposed-tags:nil
> sgml-local-catalogs:nil
> sgml-local-ecat-files:nil
> End:
> -->

Well, this is a little more than I proposed :-)

Actually, I think that all of these, except mode and
sgml-parent-document, should be set in .emacs, but of course YMMV.

Best regards,

	Rune