Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: 'additional' HTML

Michael Wiedmann wrote:
> * Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com> [030214 09:30]:
>
>>"a navigation banner at a fixed position in the browser"
>>means you need to use an HTML Frameset. And a list of
>>sections would generally mean a table of contents, right?
>
> Let me clarify what I want to achieve:
>
> See e.g. http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/menus.html
> (they call it 'pinned-down menu'). This is done using HTML code
> like the one I posted earlier today and the CSS code you can see
> at the above URL.

You got me curious; I hadn't looked at this for a while. It appears that
both Opera versions 6.05 and 7.01 in addition to Mozilla and Netscape 7
will support fixed positioning of blocks. This and the work around
described on the page you site, comprises a "quorum" as far as I'm
concerned.

Thanks for the nudge.                   ...edN