Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Screenshots in procedures

On Sunday 16 February 2003 03:55 pm, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 03:43:36PM +1100, Sean Wheller wrote:
> > <procedure>
> >    <title>Java Installation Package</title>
> >    <step>
> >       the directory containing the Treebeard jar
> >       file.</para>
> >    </step>
> >    <step>
> >       <para>Start the install by typing <command>java
> >       -jar treebeard_V07_Java.jar</command>.
> >       The first Treebeard Install dialog is
> >       displayed.</para>
> > 	<screenshot>
> >          <mediaobject>
> >             <imageobject>
> >                <imagedata fileref="install1.jpg"
> >                 format="JPG" scale="100"/>
> >             </imageobject>
> >          </mediaobject>
> >       </screenshot>
> >    </step>
> > </procedure>
>
> This should certainly validate.  What tool is saying it does not, and
> what is the actual error message?  Your other fragment was not valid.

Hello Paul,

I am using the Oxygen XML Editor (http://www.oxygenxml.com) it implements
Xerces XML Parser.

Having read your confirmation that the code above works, I went and made some
strong coffee, came back and did a double check. Sure as nails I have a
single period in the wrong place. The error message made was confusing as I
was looking for error in the nesting of my elements.

Fixed that and now it validates.

Thanks,

--
Sean Wheller