Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Strange problem: no footnotes generated

Hello,

I just came across a strange problem:

 From a certain point on in the middle of my document, in the middle of
a <sect2>, no footnotes are generated any more by the XSLT stylesheets
(1.59.2 with HTML output).

To be more precise: the link to the footnote and the corresponding
number is still created:

"Bei insgesamt n Buchstaben stehen dann nach insgesamt n-1 Schritten
(Iterationen) die Buchstaben in der richtigen Reihenfolge.[7] "

But the content of footnote number 7 does not appear at the bottom of
the page, nor anywhere in the document. Clicking on the link has no effect.

All other footnotes before this point are created correctly.

Saxon (6.4.4) gives me no warnings, no errors. The XML-file is valid.

What now?

Greetings,
joachim