Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: clarify profiling logic

ed nixon wrote:

> is that, in order to be *included* in the profiled output, both
> attribute value conditions must be true; not one or the other.

Yes, or attribute must be empty or not used.

> For example, if I have two sections as follows:
>
> <section audiencelevel="management" contentlevel="summary;detail">
> </section>
> <section audiencelevel="staff" contentlevel="summary;detail">
> </section>
>
> then I think I should be able to differentiate between these two
> sections with the following two parameter settings:
>
> audiencelevel="management" contentlevel="summary;detail" versus
> audiencelevel="staff" contentlevel="summary;detail"

Using audiencelevel here is sufficient.

> The behaviour I'm getting from the profile.xsl stylesheet in the
> profiling directory for the latest version of the sheets seems to be
> giving me a logical OR rather than a logical AND.

Weird.

> Am I misunderstanding the behaviors? Confused in my logical design?

Only problem I see is that you are using nonexistent parameters. There
are no parameters like audiencelevel and contentlevel, there are not
even those attributes. You should use some DocBook attribute (e.g.
userlevel, condition, ...) and then use parameters profile.userlevel,
profile.condition and so on.

> What is the intended behavior if one of the profiling attribute values
> is null?

When attribute is null then corresponding element goes to output.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz