Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: clarify profiling logic

Jirka Kosek wrote:
> ed nixon wrote:
> <snip/>
>>The behaviour I'm getting from the profile.xsl stylesheet in the
>>profiling directory for the latest version of the sheets seems to be
>>giving me a logical OR rather than a logical AND.
>
> Weird.
>
>>Am I misunderstanding the behaviors? Confused in my logical design?
>
> Only problem I see is that you are using nonexistent parameters. There
> are no parameters like audiencelevel and contentlevel, there are not
> even those attributes. You should use some DocBook attribute (e.g.
> userlevel, condition, ...) and then use parameters profile.userlevel,
> profile.condition and so on.

Ok, so profile behavior of attributes added via DTD customization is
"undefined" unless I were to customize profiling-mode(?) to take them
into account?

I assumed that simply naming the attribute with
<xsl:param name="profile.attribute">audiencelevel</xsl:param> and then
initializing it with
<xsl:param name="profile.value">manager</xsl:param> would do the trick.
However, how the value got associatedwith the attribute under this
scenario seems a little magical, now that I think about it. Although
things seemed to work fine until I started to use combinations. How
multiple value attributes came together would be even bigger magic, I guess.

I'll try this with different, non-custom attributes and see where I end up.

Thanks for your help.               ...edN