Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: clarify profiling logic

Jirka Kosek wrote:
> ed nixon wrote:
> <snip/>
> If you really think that you need more then one custom profiling
> attribute, then submit RFE. It would be easy to add parameters like
> profile.attribute1 and profile.value1.

Thanks, Jirka. I can live with what there is now. Besides, I get a
little twitchy when I see things like something1 and then something2 and
then...

I'm trying to think how a more general solution would look to the user.
For example,
<xsl:param name="profile.attribute"
attname="audiencelevel">manager</xsl:param> or
<xsl:param name="profile.attribute" attname="os">unix</xsl:param> etc.

But that's without thinking at all about what has to go on under the
hood or whether it's a good idea in terms of consistency of style with
the rest of the suite.

Thanks again.                   ...edN