Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: xsl-fo: landscape images

I think you have 3 options:

1) Use a graphics program to rotate the image.

2) (Depending on what version of XEP you're using) Customize the xsls to
put a <fo:block-container reference-orientation="90"> around the image.
Older versions of XEP required you to have absolute-position="fixed" on
block-containers to use reference-orientation, but I believe newer
versions don't make you do that.

3) Have the entire screenshot appendix landscaped following with the
technique suggested here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200301/msg00172.html

#1 seems easiest in this situation.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernd Kuemmerlen [mailto:bkuemmer@gmx.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 9:08 AM
To: docbook-apps
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: xsl-fo: landscape images

Hello there,

I have the following problem: I want to include some rather large
screenshots in my DocBook XML file. To fit on the page for PDF output
(using the XEP renderer), I have to scale them down a bit (which works
quite well using the content-width="scale-to-fit" attribute of
fo:graphic).

If the images are scaled down to 100% of the currently available width,
only one of them fits on a A4 page, so preferably I would scale it down
to 80%. This is OK for an overview of the screenshots, but naturally
some detail is lost, so it would be nice if for example for each
screenshot, there were a rotated (90 degrees) version in an appendix to
the document, which then could be scaled to fill the whole page.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to implement this? Or any other
ideas on how to achieve something similar?

Cheers
	Bernd
--
"The problem is solved when the problem is solved"
					-- Carl E.