Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Profiling to make a smaller 'book' from a larger one

"Paul A. Hoadley" wrote:

> My first attempt has been to use the 'condition' attribute on
> different sections, though my approach seems quite clumsy.  The only
> two sections I want are adjacent 'sect4's.  I have done roughly this:
>
> <book condition="fullmanual;upgrademanual">

If some element is suitable for all target audiences, then just don't
use profiling attribute on it. Profiling processes all elements which
match condition and also all elements which have not condition at all.

So in your case it will be sufficent to mark just elements targeted for
full manual by condition="fullmanual". It will significantly simplify
your markup.

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz