Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: no wonder i'm confused about the node() function

I think you can rely on Kay, particularly if you are using Saxon. You
might do a search for "identity transform", there are numerous examples
of the syntax needed to insure that you get everything you want to cross
over from one side to the other.

I don't have links handy but I think you would be safe introducing the
PI, comment, etc. options into your stylesheet in the same template as
you've placed the @ and * selectors.

Suffice to say, it's helpful to know that, in addition to attributes and
elements, there are other things that can be explicitly chosen or
un-chosen via the proper syntax.

            ...edN