Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: CSS stylesheet for DocBook

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Jonathan Lo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a beginner in the DocBook. The information on the web is great and I am
> able
> to generate HTML, XHTML and PDF format using various tools and XSL stylesheet.
>
> Currently, I am looking for ways to display the DocBook xml file directly on a
> browser. I believe I can use CSS stylesheet for this purpose. I have got a
> couple of
> questions:
>
> 1) Is there any CSS stylesheet for DocBook available?
> 2) Would it be able to display MathML elements in the broswer?

CSS stylesheet are used on the web to customize the look and feel of HTML
files. DocBook is not compatible with HTML and many of the tags and
semantics are different.

It may be possible to convert a DocBook/XML file into HTML on the fly
using an XSLT stylesheet. Generally speaking, DocBook is intended for
off-line processing.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan Lo

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il

My opinions may seem crazy, but they all make sense. Insane sense, but
sense nonetheless.