Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: TEI & DocBook

First you have to decide what kind of documents you
want to markup.

Docbook is a markup for technical documents, it has
many elements for this job and few for general text.

TEI or TEI2 designed to markup poems, romans, etc.
(designed for literature.)

In all of them you can structurise the document, insert
tables or emphasise texts, insert pictures, etc.

If your documents' not need special elements to markup
you can use both, but in this case i suggest you to
use docbook because the stylesheets are much better and
configurable then TEI's.