Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Ant and XMLSpy

If anyone is interested, I have found XMLSpy (v5r3) and Ant to work well
together. I searched this list for "Ant" and found nothing.

I pass the build.xml file in as if it were the stylesheet :)

Here is the command line I use for the "External XSL Transformation
program:" in the Options window:

C:\programs\Ant\jakarta-ant-1.5.1\bin\ant.bat -Dsource.file=%1 -f %3
-Dout.slot=%2 -Dstyle.file=%3

Ant does the rest (I haven't tried to figure out why I needed the absolute
path).

This Atom Ant (Super Spy?) combination allows me to use different XSLT
processors through XMLSpy without opening the Options window each time I
want to change. Also, I intend it to replace Make when I am using the
WebSite doctype. Mr. Walsh said something about needing Make for sites with
source in more than one directory.

(I couldn't transform DocBook with either the native XMLSpy XSLT processor
or MSXML, btw)

I have used this combo with Saxon, Jade, and Xalan. TeX causes it to freeze
though. TeX likes to ask questions, so I use Ant to build the FO and control
TeX from the command prompt.

I was pretty happy to find this combo and am hoping someone else will also
find this info useful.

Now, if I could only get paid to do this stuff! ;)

p.s. I do have a question. What are the "digest" email lists for, like
docbook-apps-digest?

sds