Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: writing a condensed form of docbook

Markus Spath <mspath@arcor.de> writes:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>   i like to write my documents and manuals in condensed
>> form, and it would be nice to quickly to go from that to final docbook.
>>

> Since you stay with the xml-syntax anyway

This sounds like a arguable requirement...  If you are interested in
minimization look for SGML minimization features!

Of course, it's also possible to "rename" elements and process the file
using DocBook stylesheets nevertheless.  Just do Architectural Forms (AF)
processing -- this will even work for XML files.

> I'd say XSLT would be a convenient way;

That's a possbility, too.  Or use the Transformation feature defined by
DSSSL.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o