Subject: page numbers and style-sheets

Hi,

I'm having problems with page numbers. When I convert my sgml doc to pdf
page numbers are not set properly. For example, I get preface pages numbered
i, ii. iii, etc and then chapter 1 numbering starts again (1, 2, 3...).
Besides, when I insert a "part" title page, it isn't numbered. Is all this
normal?

I would like to get continous page numbers, like i, ii, iii, iv, 5, 6, 7,
... being page 5 where chapter starts. I've tried %page-number-restart% set
to false on a customized style sheet, but keep getting the same output. Any
way arround that?

Thanks,

Reven