Subject: Index processing

I am experimenting with the docbook stylesheets for xhtml output. It appears
that the default behavior for index hyperlinks is to point to the section
heading of the section in which the term occurs. It also appears that an
anchor is placed in the text in the place where each indexterm was pulled
from. My question would be how to make the index hyperlinks point to that
anchor(the place the original indexterm was located) instead of the heading
for that section.

Thank you.