Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Trouble with title pages

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 03:16:23PM +0200, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> I've been trying to set up a title page but I've had no success when trying to add an image to it. I've generated a titlepage template:
>
> <t:templates xmlns:t="http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/template/1.0"
> base-stylesheet="C:/tools/lib/docbook-xsl/docbook-xsl-1.58.1/fo/docbook.xsl">
>
> <t:variable name="section.autonumber" select="true()"/>
>
> <t:titlepage element="book" wrapper='fo:block' >
>     <t:titlepage-content side='recto'>
>       <title predicate="[1]"/>
>       <subtitle predicate="[1]"/>
>       <author/>
>       <contrib/>
>
>       <edition/>
>       <copyright/>
>       <pubdate/>
>       <revision/>
>       <mediaobject/>
>     </t:titlepage-content>
>   </t:titlepage>
> </t:templates>
>
> In my book I've this bookinfo and more:
>
> <bookinfo>
>   <title>Installation Guide Conrad PACS interface</title>
>     <mediaobject>
>       <textobject>
> 	<para>foo</para>
>       </textobject>
>       <imageobject>
> 	<imagedata fileref="218.jpg" format="JPEG"></imagedata>
>       </imageobject>
>     </mediaobject>
> .
> .
> .
> </bookinfo>
>
> The JPEG-file is located in the same directory as the XML-file. Is this correct? I haven't found any good examples on this and I am not very experienced yet.
>
> What I really want to do is something similar to what David Cramer suggested in:
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/styling/titlepage.html#d1466e176 but I haven't got it working either.
>
> My title page should look something like my attachment but nicer.

Peek in your fo output and scan for either "foo" (the
textobject) or "218.jpg".  If you get "foo", try reversing
the order of objects in your mediaobject.  The mediaobject
selection routine takes the first acceptable object,
which can be a textobject.

Or upgrade to the 1.60.1 stylesheets and add a role="fo"
attribute to the imageobject element.  That will put
it first in line to be selected for fo output.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com