Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Intelligently handling bookmarks in/with docbook ?

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 01:40:52PM +0200, Marc Baaden wrote:
> I am currently supposed to draft a document, where part of it
> should be a list of URLs/bookmarks. Now I wonder what the most
> intelligent way of doing this is ?
>
> The point would be to have something that can be re-used for
> other documents, ideally extracting bookmarks from a central
> file/database via id-keys or so.
>
> Is there a possibility of eg Xbel integration in docbook documents ?

Yes, you can write a customizastion layer to glue Xbel into
XML-Docbook, since Xbel is XML too.  Have a look at TDG for how to do
that.

http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch05.html

> Any general guidelines ?
>
> [OT: any way of using a bookmark sql database and integrating with
>      docbook ? ]

That would be more complicated, you'd probably have to turn them into
XML or SGML first.

HTH,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique