Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Rendering issues - foodnotes and qandaset

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:27:01PM +1200, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> 'llo - Just switched over to using the XSL DocBook style sheets and have
> my simple customization layer working fine ( so far just modifying
> properties ), however, in my rendered document, where ever I use
> footnotes, the number identifying the footnote in the main text ( not sure
> of the official name for it ) should be in superscript, but its rendering
> ( with fop ) as the normal font size, so looks really yeck.  Is there a
> property I can set for this?

Unfortunately, no.
The current version of FOP does not support the baseline-shift
property, so it can't do superscript.  See:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-baseline-shift

> My other problem I've got, is with a qandaset - inside my set I have a
> qandadiv then the qandaentry objects, the rendering comes out like:
>
> A..5.
>     QANDAENTRY Question
>
>     QANDAENTRY Answer
>
> is it possible for it to format:
>
> A..5. QANDAEntry Question
>
>     QANAEntry Answer
>
> at all?  ( the A is from the Appendix its in ).

Not sure I understand the question.
Is the string 'QANDAENTRY' generated by your customization
layer?  That string is not in the DocBook XSL
distribution AFAICT.

Do you mean you want the question on the same line
as the number?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com