Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using foot variable to help control page footer?

> To customize the footers in print output, you customize
> the template named 'footer.content'.  The original template
> is in fo/pagesetup.xsl.  It lets you set context conditions
> for each of pageclass, sequence, and position.
>
> See this reference for further explanation and an example:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/PrintCustomEx.html#PrintHeaders

Thank you!  That is a great link.

If I may make a request, can we add a variable for header and footer?
That way, if I care to add something, I can set the variable in my
driver XSLT file, instead of overriding the entire template.

BTW are the stylesheets open source?  I wouldn't mind making that change
since it seems it's a requested feature.

Thanks again,
Seth