Subject: Embedding Flash in Docbook without Conversion to SVG

I would like to embed Flash into Docbook without conversion to SVG.
What are the possibilities?
Ideally, it would be great to incorporate it like an image file or
movie file with a title and caption.

SWF is fairly significant in the web space and continuing to grow.  I
check in on SVG standardization but it never seems to be moving.  Even
the plugins from Adobe are 2001 I believe without updates since.  Any
plans to eventually support SWF in Docbook as well?