Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Glossary format in PDF

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 05:55:43PM +0200, ekkehard.goerlach@pharma.novartis.com wrote:
> Thanks, Bob, for the explanation. After I read your mail I realized that
> my "book" contained <variablelist>s - formatted as block as well. But here
> the spacing was ok. So I compared what was going on in glossary.xsl
> compared to lists.xsl.
>
> The lists use the list.item.spacing attribute set. Using that for the
> glossary helped already. So I changed that in my glossary.xsl.

Yes, I think this is an appropriate change in this context
since we don't want the space after the glossary term.

> The other
> point is, probably, a bug: the apply-templates within the
> "glossentry/glossdef" template did not specify mode="glossary.as.blocks".
> So the subsequent template which treats the first paragraph in the
> glossdef different did not come into effect.

Yes, this is a good point too.  But we also have to add
another template for match="*" in mode="glossary.as.blocks"
to pass through elements to the modeless templates,
since a glossdef can contain many other elements besides
para.

> In short: the attached patch (against version 1.61.2) makes the glossary
> look fine for me. Shall I post that as a suggestion on the SourceForge
> site ?

I went ahead and checked in the changes to fo/glossary.xsl
to CVS.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com