Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multiple processing document with exsl:node-setand xsltproc

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Well do the maintainers expect to fix the stylesheets or feel fine
> keeping code based un undefined behaviour ? This sounds insane to
> just copy full subtree of the documents to then look for keys in
> a copy of the given set ... Can't profiling be done without copying
> to a new subtree ???

Profiling doesn't copy full subtree it copies just subset of it which is
determined by profiling conditions. Doing profiling without creating new
subtree is almost impossible -- it would require very complex change to
almost every XPath expression in the stylesheets.

I always know that single-pass profiling operates in a gray fuzzy zone.
Doing two stage profiling using temporary document is completely safe
and works in every processor. The profiling transformation is very easy
and runs very fast so there is no big impact on performance compared to
the single-pass profiling.

				Jirka

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz