Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] anyone have a windows-based publishing infrastructure?

> The big drawback in the Windows world is that you'll get lots of folks
> in the company asking for output as Word documents instead of PDF or
> help.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm told that the XMLMind FO
> processor does a pretty good job of converting FO to RTF.  Most of the
> other RTF converters (such as JFOR) don't really to a good enough job.

The approach of Mark Pilgrim (http://www.diveintopython.org/about.html) uses
the Python Win32 modules and Word itself as a COM object to produce real
Word documents. It worked for me (well, a simple test document) but I've
found it useless: There is no way back.

Why should I produce a document which can be changed when there's no
possibility to get the changes back into my DocBook sources?

Regards,
Gisbert Amm