Subject: DocBook to Word via HTML

This is a followup to the recent discussion about
converting DocBook documents to Microsoft Word.

One approach that works pretty well is to use the
DocBook stylesheets to generate HTML, and then import
the HTML into Word.  This works especially well if
you have a CSS stylesheet.  Word will import the
CSS styles and create Word styles that match.

Bruce D'Arcus sent me some XSL stylesheet customizations
that better optimize the HTML output for Word import,
in particular for footnotes and paragraphs.

I filed a Feature Request on SourceForge (#810043)
to suggest creating an option or customization that further
optimizes DocBook HTML output for Word import.
With Bruce's permission, I attached his two customization
files to the feature request if anyone wants
to take a look.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com