Subject: Multi-language documentation

In the archives of this list
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200109/msg00186.html)
I've found a short discussion howto maintain DocBook XML documents in
different languages (the only concrete tip came from Jirka to use profiling).

Are there any new insights to this issue or can someone post experiences in
managing different languages for one document?

We plan to write a kind of online help system for a web-based application
and have to support at least half a dozen (european) languages.

Michael