Subject: Further website (styling/css) questions

Hi,

I am having great fun with website, currently trying to fine-tune
a CSS stylesheet for my site. In this context I wonder whether some
of the configuration parameters from layout.xml and some of the
customizations from my xsl driver could be rather put
into the CSS file than in the xml/xsl definitions, in order to fully
separate style and content (and switch appearance "on-the-fly").

In particular I am thinking about

banner, homebanner, banner-tabular, homebanner-tabular and the
headlink-icon (set in my layout.xml)

navtocwidth, navbgcolor, textbgcolor, table.navigation.cell.properties
table.body.cell.properties, hspacer, etc (set in my xsl driver)

Is it a) possible and b) safe to address these things via the CSS
file ?

Thanks,
  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden@smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de