Subject: Help with footnotes (ref. numbers disappearing)

Hello,

   When I have the following:

   All is fine, until I put the following in my book.dsl file:

   (element para
       (case blah ...)
       else $paragraph$
   )

   Then the number preceding the footnote disappears.

   As soon as define (element para ...) the problem crops up.
   Even if I do the following:
   (element para ($paragraph$))

   The numbers are no longer printed.

   Any ideas?