Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] patch for xsl/templates/titlepage.xsl

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 09:26, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Thanks for the patch, but I'm not clear on what
> this is fixing.  There have been several namespace
> problems reported and fixed, so I'm not sure which
> one you are referring to.  Was this a SourceForge
> bug report, or a posting in the mailing list?

Hi Bob,

I found the problem if I try to use the template system and see some postings
on the docbook-apps list with same problems (primary topic was title page
customation most). The problem was that xslt processors create namespace
declarations with empty URL like xmlns:ns80="" or xmlns:ns_80="" for all
elements without explicite namespace prefix and that Apache FOP 0.20.5 can't
handle this.

To reproduce try this with release 1.62.4 (from the docbook-xsl root
directory):

xsltproc -output myTitles.xsl template/titlepage.xsl fo/
titlepage.templates.xml

this produce for instance:
<xsl:template xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; match="title"
mode="article.titlepage.recto.auto.mode">
<fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"; xmlns:ns1=""
xsl:use-attribute-sets="article.titlepage.recto.style"
ns1:keep-with-next="always" ns1:font-size="24.8832pt" ns1:font-weight="bold">
<xsl:call-template xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
name="component.title">
<xsl:with-param xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; name="node"
select="ancestor-or-self::article[1]"/>
</xsl:call-template>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

There are 79 other lines with same problem (ns1 .. ns80). After my
modifications (the patch), all works fine (or better this problem is fixed,
using xsl:* in template.xml is another problem I'm working on).

Regards, Kai