Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook/MathML-to-PDF conversion

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 06:37:20PM +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could anybody of you give me some info about what working solutions for
> producing good PDF output from DocBook with MathML exist? Pointers to web
> pages etc. are also welcome. I've just searched the web a bit and found
> something about using FO and PassiveTeX. Are there better solutions?
>
> And where can I find detailed documentation about what has to be done to
> produce the PDF file?

Have you looked at the W3C site for MathML tools?

http://www.w3.org/Math/implementations.html

PassiveTeX is the only FO processor that I know of that
directly processes embedded MathML.  Other processors
would require converting the MathML to either
SVG, EPS, or PDF for inclusion as an image.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com