Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xinclude and images from other directories

Am Montag, 17. November 2003 19:37 schrieb Sanders, M.:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently working with a modular and profiling setup but FOP
> complains about the images in xincluded sections and it is puzzling
> me.
>
> My main.xml document looks like:
> <xi:include href="chapter1/chapter1.xml"
> xmlns:xi=http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude />
>
> As long as chapter1 only contains text and no images everything is
> fine. When I include an image - residing in chapter1/figure.jpg - I
> get a lot of errors from FOP about not being able to find the image
> and no image. FOP also tells me it is looking in the directory
> where main.xml is and not in chapter1 directory for the image!

The docbook-xsl FO Stylesheets do not consider xml:base when it comes
to translation of fileref attribute.

You need a customization layer which handles filerefs in respect of
preceding elements with xml:base attributes

It was on this list a few times and i am willing to write one
soon. (i already got one but its for html conversion and is
specialized for my needs). But maybe someone else has already written
it and can send it to the list.

Another approach: put all your files in one directory and use only
one image directory, so your fileref will be always correct.

kind regards,
janning