Subject: Non-graphic callouts

I have a small problem with non graphical callouts. As I have 15 such
callouts in a listing I decided to use the non-graphical version and put
the following in my customization layer:

  <xsl:param name="callout.graphics"          select="'0'"/>

Now the icons are gone but the numbers like (1) do not appear, neither in
the programlisting nor in the callout listing underneath. The latter is
indented,however, to leave some space for the numbering.

I am rendering to PDF format using the XSL style sheets V1.62.4 and fop
0.20.5.

Thanks for any hint,
Ekkehard