Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] WIN32 toolset that resolves entities, uses catalogs

Hi Chris,

my impression from reading the list is that Saxon and xsltproc work
better than Xalan. Personally, I'm using xsltproc and am pretty
satisfied with the results. I'm working on Win32 as well, but am using
Cygwin for my docbook processing. Cygwin is a unix-like environment for
windows. You can get it here: http://www.cygwin.com/

Alternatively there's a Win32 port of xsltproc by Igor Zlatkovic here:
http://www.zlatkovic.com/softbits.en.html

Both work fine with entities and XML catalogs. I don't have any
experience with Xalan, so I can not comment on your issues there.

HTH,
Patrick