Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Tip: Misplaced file when converting DocBook XML to PDF using DSSSL on SuSE 8.2

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 04:07:14PM -0500, Aaron Weber wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I just moved from RH9 to SuSE 8.2 and ran into a spot of trouble with my
> DocBook XML to PDF  conversions, and thought yall might be interested in
> how I worked around it:
>
> docbook2whatever was demanding /usr/share/sgml/xml.dcl, but SuSE puts it
> in /usr/share/sgml/opensp/xml.dcl
>
> I ran a quick ln -s /usr/share/sgml/opensp/xml.dcl
> /usr/share/sgml/xml.dcl and things worked out fine (ish-- my whole setup
> is still a terrifying hack).
>
> Has anyone seen a good XSL stylesheet that'd let me do DocBook XML to
> PDF via xsltproc?

Did no one mention the XSL stylesheets available from
the DocBook Open Repository on SourceForge?

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/

Those are the most commonly used DocBook XSL stylesheets I
would say.  They were written by Norm Walsh using the DSSSL
stylesheets as the starting point.  They are documented
in my book at:

  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/

                                            email: bobs@sco.com