Subject: Re: [docbook-dev] Internationalized index in XSL

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:39:29PM +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> automatic indexing which is available in the DocBook XSL stylesheets is
> working quite well for English, but for other languages it lacks several
> features.
>
>  From my own experience, following functionality is missing:
>
> - allow to group accented letters like e, é, ë into the same group under
> letter "e"
>
> - treat special letters (e.g. "ch") as one character and place them in
> correct position (e.g. between "h" and "i")
>
> Attached customization layer is able to solve these two issues. If you
> want to try it, just import original fo/docbook.xsl into your
> customization layer and then include attached file. It was tested under
> Saxon, but should work in any processor which implements EXSLT function
> extension.

Hi Jirka,
I just tried it with xsltproc, and it fails with
this message (repeated several times):

xmlXPathCompOpEval: function group-index bound to undefined prefix i

This seems odd, since the XSL file includes this namespace
declaration in the root element:

  xmlns:i="urn:cz-kosek:functions:index"

I even tried adding the namespace declaration here:

  <func:function name="i:group-index"
                 xmlns:i="urn:cz-kosek:functions:index">

and I still get the same error.  I wonder if this
is a bug in xsltproc's implementation of
exslt functions?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com